Twitter is a strong social media network for driving traffic to your website and for finding and engaging with key people in your industry or community. Here are ten easy-to-implement best practices, tactics and ideas to make the most of Twitter for your business.
1. Curate good content through original info and retweets.
2. Tweet or retweet 2-6 times daily, throughout the entire day.
3. Tweet outside business hours-- on weekends and in the evenings.
4. Include links in most tweets (to drive traffic to your website). Check to be sure the links aren't broken.
5. Use relevant, researched hashtags (two per tweet).
6. Include images in your tweets to get noticed.
7. Review your new followers regularly. Engage with influential people who have a strong network.
8. Create custom images for important stats and inspirational quotes (Use free tools such as recite.com, quozio.com or quotescover.com).
9. Comment, Retweet or Favorite relevant Tweets of those who you are most interested in reading and those you want to follow you (create a list of people and organizations you want to interact with).
10. Engage and network with your key influencers (clients, prospects, journalists, community leaders).