Your prospects are interested in hearing the first hand experiences of your clients and understanding the specifics of how you helped them. Here are some ideas on how to obtain and use testimonials in your marketing:
· Make it a regular practice to follow up with clients regarding their satisfaction with your services or products. When the feedback is positive, ask for a few sentences describing the value of their experiences.
· Show an example of a valuable testimonial to get the client started. Or draft a testimonial that your client can revise or simply approve.
· Ask for permission to use the testimonial in your marketing campaigns.
· Use the name, title and company name of the client offering the testimonial for credibility.
· Collect multiples testimonials and use them in your print and online campaigns including social media.
· Include a headshot of the person offering the testimonial to maximize it's effectiveness!