If you're looking to extend the life span and get the most publicity from your next press release, here are a few ideas on how:
1) Tweet about it and link to the release over the next few weeks. Don't forget to use relevant hashtags so more eye will see your tweets.
2) In addition to a paid wire service (PR Web, Business Wire, etc.) send it out via all the free press release services too (Free-Press-Release.com or Express-Press-Release.com).
3) Comment on blogs that cover your press release's topic matter and include a link to your press release.
4) Email your release to all relevant media contacts and bloggers. Don't forget to include a introductory note about why your information is something their readers will want to know about.
5) Refer to and link to your press releases in your blog postings.
Do you have other ways that you extend the life of your press release? Add your comments here.